Did you know QuickBooks even offers a QuickBooks messaging app? QuickBooks Messenger is a messaging utility platform designed to improve internal communication among QuickBooks users. It is available in multi-user mode on QuickBooks desktop and allows users to communicate without difficulty using the same business file on a server. Users will talk with one another or in groups here.
When you use QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode, QuickBooks Messenger is open. The QuickBooks Messenger service enables communication between workers who are logging into the QuickBooks company register. Furthermore, workers will use this messenger to address any important details pertaining to QB business records. In addition, if you choose to use QB Desktop in single-user mode, disable QuickBooks Messenger in the utility area.
In this article we will discuss how to use and enable/ disable your QuickBooks messenger
You may also read: How to Connect with Intuit QuickBooks ProAdvisor?
What is Enabling and Disabling of QuickBooks Messenger?
Enabling and disabling QuickBooks Messenger refers to the feature in QuickBooks that allows users to communicate with each other within the application. This feature allows for easier collaboration and communication among different users who have access to the same company file.
How to Enable QuickBooks Messenger?
You don’t have to think too much about how to enable QuickBooks Messenger. When a user logs in, the QuickBooks messenger tool is automatically enabled. However, in order to access it, the user must double-tap on the QB messenger icon in the device tray at the bottom of the panel.
- When a new person logs in to the business file, anyone else who is using it is alerted. They will launch QuickBooks Messenger to initiate a conversation with the customer.
- Users can also contact another user by right-clicking on the QuickBooks messenger icon in the device tray and selecting chat.
- Administrators can also benefit from the following additional features:
- Admins will use the ‘send message to logged-in users’ choice under ‘Actions’ to send messages to all logged-in users at once.
- Administrators are subject to the following restrictions:
- An administrator cannot see the interaction between two users who are logging in to the company register.
How to Disable QuickBooks Messenger?
The QuickBooks Messenger tool allows the workers signed into the QuickBooks company file to connect in real-time. In an ideal world, your workers can only use the tool to discuss details pertaining to your company’s QuickBooks results. You may, however, uninstall the device if you find that your employees are not using it to talk with your company’s financial records. QuickBooks Messenger can be disabled by going to the Utilities menu.
Follow the steps mentioned below to disable your QuickBooks messenger:
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the “File” menu.
- Choose “Switch to Multi-User Mode” and enter your administrator credentials.
- Return to the “File” tab and click “Utilities.”
- To disable QuickBooks Messenger, select the “Disable QuickBooks Messenger” option.
- To trigger the update, exit QuickBooks and re-enter it.
How to Log Out From the QuickBooks Messenger?
Only an administrator has the ability to log off other accounts or close the QuickBooks company register.
This is how it is handled:
- Click on the ‘chat with a coworker’ button to launch QuickBooks Messenger.
- Then, from the Actions drop-down menu, click ‘close business file’ for the users.
- Now, as an administrator, choose the person on whom you want to close the business register.
- Close the business file and check by pressing the ‘Yes’ button.
What Are The Reasons For Your QuickBooks Messenger To Not Work Properly?
There could be many reasons contributing to this issue.
Some of them are mentioned below:
- You are probably going to face this issue if your window OS is corrupt or damaged.
- If there is an absent or corrupt QOQWUSER.IN file
- If your company file name is not proper, you can come across this issue.
- If there is some problem with the hard drive, you can again face this issue.
How To Fix Enable or Disable in QuickBooks Messenger?
If your QuickBooks messenger is not working correctly, you can try out the solutions given below:
Solution 1: Try QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Task Manager can be used to close the QuickBooks program.
- Following that, Install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device by downloading it from the official Intuit website.
- After the tool has been successfully installed, double-click on the icon to open it.
- Now, navigate to the Program Problems tab and select the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ option.
After following the steps mentioned above, try your messenger again; if the issue persists, try out the other solution.
Solution 2: Create a New QBWUSER.IN File
- First, navigate to My Computer.
- Navigate to the View page.
- Select Advanced settings from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the ‘Hidden Files and Folders’ option and choose the ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’ option.
- Rename the QBWUSER.INI file on your C: drive.
Once you restart QuickBooks, it will automatically build a new QBWUSER.INI file. I hope this fixes the problem. Otherwise, proceed to the next potential solution.
Solution 3: Allow Administrator Rights
- Open the ‘Windows Small Business Server’ program from the All Programs tab by clicking on the Start menu.
- In the Windows SBS Console, navigate to the ‘Users and Groups’ panel.
- Select the ‘Add a new user account’ option and fill out all of the requested information.
- Give the account administrative privileges and then press the ‘Finish’ button.
- Navigate to the ‘User Accounts’ choice in the ‘Control Panel.’
- Look for QBDataServiceUserXX in your QuickBooks Desktop app version.
- Choose the ‘Change Account Sort’ button, then the ‘Administrator’ option.
- To save the changes, press ‘Change Account Type’ and then ‘Apply.’
Solution 4: Closing the Company File
- In QuickBooks, go to the “File” menu at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Choose “Close Company” from the drop-down menu.
- If you have any unsaved changes, QuickBooks will prompt you to save them.
- Save the changes if needed.
- Confirm the action by clicking “Yes” when asked if you want to close the company.
Solution 5: Reopening the Company File
- To reopen the company file, launch QuickBooks.
- From the “No Company Open” window, click on “Open or restore an existing company.”
- Browse to the location where your company file is stored and select it.
- Click “Open” to open the company file.
When the company file is closed, the QuickBooks Messenger feature is effectively disabled since users won’t have access to the file to exchange messages. When you reopen the company file, the messaging feature will be available to users once again.
Remember that only users with the appropriate permissions can close or open the company file. As an administrator or a user with administrative privileges, you can control these actions to manage communication through QuickBooks Messenger.
Through this article’s medium, we hope we could help you understand what QuickBooks messenger is, how to use, enable and disable it, and what to do if you face issues with the same. Hopefully, if your messenger was facing a problem, it doesn’t anymore. However, if it does, we recommend dialling +1-860-813-7413 and get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Customer service executives who are there for your service 24/7×365.