QuickBooks financial reporting software is one of the best accounting programs available. But users can experience some bugs when using it. QuickBooks error 6000 82 is one of these. Error Code -6000, -82 is a common problem that occurs while trying to open a company file. It can make it impossible for you to access your business file from some other device. If you have received this error, read this blog to learn about all of the potential causes and solutions.
About QuickBooks Error 6000 82
The QuickBooks error 6000 82 is a very typical error that users experience, particularly when they try to open a company file or when they attempt to enter data stats from a company file that the software can’t reach because they are stored in another device. The user can be unable to access the business or any other device if the fault appears.
This error code is also apparent when the program is used in multi-user mode. There may be a number of explanations for this error, which will be mentioned later in this article. If the user attempts to fix the issue, it is critical that the program be upgraded to the most recent version.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error 6000 82
This error may appear for a variety of reasons. The following are some of the most specific causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 82:
- Your QuickBooks business file has been compromised.
- Your computer’s QuickBooks configuration is encrypted because you made some changes to the database name.
- You can’t locate the business file on a separate computer.
- QuickBooks error 6000 82 can be caused by corrupted company data.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 6000 82
There are a few signs and symptoms that can assist the user in identifying the error code 6000 82, including:
- On the monitor, the error code -6000 -82 is shown.
- Alternatively, the machine can crash repeatedly with the same error notification.
- If your windows are running slowly, or if your device or QuickBooks keeps freezing.
Solutions To Resolve QuickBooks Error -6000, -82
The following are the solutions that help in resolving QuickBooks error 6000 82:
Solution 1: After the business file name and prior to the company file extension, delete any unwanted spaces.
- On all of your computers, log out of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Launch the folder where the company’s files are kept.
- Right-click the QuickBooks company file and pick Rename from the drop-down menu.
- Add a name for the file, then search for and delete any gaps between the file extension and the company’s name.
- Make an attempt to open or build a company file.
Solution 2: Shift to Hosting remote and local files format for multiple user access.
- Press the F2 key to open QuickBooks. This will bring up the product details window.
- Under the Local Server Information section at the bottom of the window, change Hosting to Local Files Only.
- Now go to Folders and select Multiple User Mode from the drop-down menu.
- On a web server, open company files and click F2 to bring up the product details window.
- Check that Hosting is set to local files only under Local Server Information.
QuickBooks Error -6000, -82 is a company file issue that can easily be resolved using the above-mentioned solutions. In case, you are unable to resolve this error, you can contact QuickBooks customer service number to get QB error -6000 -82 fixed.